Set the tone for the holidays at home with this easy, kid-friendly DIY. The spicy, deep aroma says hello-good-morning, happy-holidays and bake-cookies-now all at once!
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Using a small paring knife, remove the peel from the orange in long pieces, leaving behind as much of the pith (the white part) as possible. Cut each orange peel piece into long strips of approximately 5 mm wide.
3. Transfer the aromatic mixture to a baking sheet and disperse it to make a thin layer. Place the sheet into the oven and roast the mixture for 15 minutes. Breathe deeply—the house will start to smell amazing!
4. Remove the mixture from the oven and let it cool for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture to a pretty dish. Create a well in the middle of the mixture and insert the tea-light candle. Light it, and enjoy! As the candle heats up, the aromas of the coffee and spice mixture will warm up and continue to fill the room with holiday spirit. Renew the candle as many times as you want.