We collect information about you and your use of our sites in different ways:
- Some information you provide directly to us, such as when you register your brewer or provide account information.
- Other information we collect about you through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies. to help us operate our sites effectively and provide you the best products, services and site experiences that we can.
- We also collect information about you from other companies (for example by purchasing demographic data about you or through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter).
- When you access our sites through any means, including a mobile device or smartphone, we may collect information about you, including your geographic location.
Personal and Non-Personal Information
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you as an individual. This includes information like your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, full date of birth, credit card number, geographic location, etc.
If you are a resident of Canada, personal information may also include information such as your IP address (this is a unique number called an internet protocol address which is assigned, usually based on country location, to your computer) and any other information that identifies you as an individual.
Information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify you as an individual is not considered personal information. We refer to this type of information as ‘non-personal information’, such as a favorite or bookmarked site, your language setting in your browser, or what site you came from when visiting our sites.
Information You Provide: You give us information when you use our sites to do things like place an order, or participate in a promotion, or contest. We collect information like your name, address, telephone number, your credit card information, full birth date, the content of your communications like survey responses or product review comments, purchase order information, including your purchase order history, job application information, shipping information of people you send products to, your username and password, and information about your brewer. When you access our sites through a mobile device or smartphone, we may collect information about you, including your geographic location.
You can always choose not to provide some or all of this information, though some of the features or services on our sites may not function properly as a result, such as processing an order or responding to your request.
How we collect this information: You provide us information when you do things like:
- place an order
- create an account
- register your brewer
- give reviews on our products and our sites
- communicate with Consumer Care
- participate in an online forum or community
- apply for a job
- contact our investor site
- participate in promotions, surveys, or contests
- use other functions or services available on our sites such as “sharing” content or our refer-a-friend program
- access our site through any means, including your mobile device or smartphone
- shop in our retail store
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of Our Sites:
We use technologies like cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies to automatically collect information about you when you visit our sites and through advertising that may appear on our sites and other companies’ sites. Cookies collect all sorts of information, such as device-specific information including capabilities, your unique device identifier (if you are accessing our sites through a mobile device or smartphone), your IP address, your browser type, time zone and language settings and operating system. Cookies also collect clickstream information like how long you spend on our sites, what pages you view, any search queries and what other sites you visited before and after coming to our sites.
Please read our section on Cookies and Other Similar Technologies to learn more about what information is collected, and how it is used and shared.
Information We Collect From Other Sources: We also collect information about you from other sources. This information includes things like your name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone number, demographic information about you or your household, purchasing behavior, the content of any message or posts on our social media pages like Facebook and Twitter or other online public forums.
If you use social media platforms like Facebook, depending on your privacy settings with these social media sites, we will collect information about you that you have made available through the social media privacy setting choices. We also collect information from social media sites through plug-ins, like the Facebook “Like” button, and our social media pages. When you post a comment on our social media page or if you “Like” one of our products or promotions, depending on your privacy settings with these social media sites, we may receive information about you, such as your name, email address, gender, birthday, interests, and friend network. In addition, if you have chosen to connect your social media accounts, such as your Facebook page, with our social media pages, they may give us information about your social media profile and activity depending on your privacy settings with those companies. Be sure to read our section on Links to Third Party Sites and to review your social media account’s privacy settings and the privacy policies of these social media sites so you understand how other companies are collecting and using your information.
How we collect this information: We collect this information by doing things like:
- purchasing or renting demographic information about you from other companies
- collecting publicly available information about you and information that you make available from social media sites
We use and share your information for many purposes, such as:
- personalizing your experience on our sites
- improving our sites
- providing our products and services
- and communicating with you about promotions or products and services that we think you may be interested in
We also use and share your information to perform market research and studies so that we can continue to advertise and market to you in a meaningful manner and to develop new products and services that may be of interest to you.
We partner with other companies who collect and process some of the information we collect about you and your use of our sites for us. We also use other companies to provide us services and so may also share information about you with them. We refer to these other companies as our Third Party Partners. Depending on the service a Third Party Partner may be providing, they may be collecting personally identifiable information about you while you are on our sites.We, our affiliates, and our Third Party Partners use your information to do things such as:
- fulfill your orders and other requests in connection with the operation of our sites
- provide you Consumer Care and service your account
- create and maintain your consumer profile, correcting and updating your information
- combine information we collect about you with information you provide
- display or send you information and advertisements that we believe match your interests and profile
- facilitate updates to our sites, improve the working of our sites, and compile statistics about our users and your use of our sites
- better personalize your experience on our sites
- administer surveys, contests, and promotions
- process payment information
- administer our email communications
- organize, administer, process, or provide advertising services
- analyze data on our behalf to help us provide more relevant offers and advertising to you and to eliminate the delivery of duplicate offers
- administer our promotions, surveys or contests
- manage our referral and loyalty programs
We share aggregated information about you and your use of our sites with other companies for industry benchmarking, consumer analysis, market research and analytics. This information does not identify you personally.
When Required by Law or to Protect Our Company
There may be times when we have to disclose your information in order to comply with applicable law or government requests, to assist in fraud protection and investigations, to enforce the terms of any of our notices or if we think it is appropriate and necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees and customers.
Purchase or Sale of Businesses
If we, or one or more of our affiliates, are involved in a corporate transaction such as a merger, consolidation, sale, reorganization or other change in corporate control, divestiture or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, your information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
We use various internet technologies to:
- collect and share information about you and your use of our sites
- distinguish you from other users of our sites:
- administering and facilitating your access to and use of our sites
- understanding your behavior on our sites and analyzing usage behavior
- measuring the effectiveness of advertisements
- target advertising to you
In addition, we may share the information we collect from these technologies, such as demographic data, IP address, aggregate usage statistics for our sites, with advertisers and other third parties.
A cookie is a small browser specific file of letters and numbers that is sent to your browser and stored on the hard drive of your computer (or internet enabled device) when you visit our sites. We use the following cookies on our website:
Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our sites and use its features, such as remembering what products you placed in your cart. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Analytical or Performance cookies - These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how our site is used. They allow us to do such things as recognize recent activity and content consumed, count the number of visitors to our sites and see how our sites are navigated.
Functionality cookies - These are used to recognize you when you return to our sites. This enables us to do such things as personalize our content for you and remember your preferences and settings.
How to Manage Cookies: Browser Settings:
- Analytics to help us manage and operate our sites and improve their functioning by analyzing how users interact with our sites.
- Remembering you so we can personalize your experience on our sites, including storing your preferences and settings, such as what language your browser is set to our sites or from what country your computer is visiting our sites.
- Targeted advertising to do things like promote products and services that we believe may be of interest to you and ensuring that you don’t see the same advertisement repeatedly. Because we have advertisements on our own sites as well as sites of third parties, we are able to gather information over time about the types of pages, content and ads that you, or others who are using your computer, have visited or viewed. We do this to help us select and display targeted advertisements and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Account Sign-In so you can move around our sites without having to re-enter your account information.
- Combining information about you that we collect from cookies (and other similar technologies) with your consumer profile.
Opt Out Controls for Advertising:
: We understand that not everyone wants to receive behaviorally targeted advertising. Here are a few sites you can visit to learn how to opt out from receiving this kind of advertising: (Note that opting out does not mean you will stop seeing ads, it just means those ads won’t be behaviorally targeted and while we will still collect information about you, we cannot use that information for the purpose of behaviorally targeted advertising.)
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
You can learn more about cookies, by going to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies
Other Similar Technologies
- Web Beacons: Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or pixel tags, are transparent image files embedded in our sites, advertisements, or emails and are used to deliver cookies. Web beacons collect generic information about your navigation through a single site or a series of sites to help us compile statistics about the effectiveness of our sites and promotional campaigns. They can also let us know things such as whether or not you opened or acted upon an email or newsletter or other advertisement we sent you.
- Local Shared Objects: Local shared objects, also known as “Flash cookies,” are data files placed on your computer when you visit a site. Local shared objects are similar to cookies and track your online activity.
We use a variety of physical, electronic and managerial procedures and technologies to help protect and safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Although we use standard industry practices to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your use of our sites will never be unlawfully intercepted, or that your personal information will never be unlawfully accessed by third parties.
When you make a purchase through our sites, you provide payment information, such as your credit card number (or Pay Pal information), your name, billing address, shipping address and the security code associated with your credit card. Our third party payment processor collects this information for us and uses it only to complete your transaction, or store your payment information if you choose to enable that function. Our payment processor shares this payment information with associated banks and other entities to process payments, as well as for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
Your information may be collected, accessed, processed and stored in the United States as well as in any other country where we, our affiliates, or our Third Party Partners maintain facilities. The privacy laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside.
We do not knowingly sell or ship any products ordered on our sites to anyone we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information on our sites from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you should only use our sites with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision.
If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us, please follow the opt-out instructions provided in our communications, or, if you have an account with us, you can access your communication options here. Alternatively, you can contact us as described below and speak directly with a Consumer Care representative who can answer any questions you may have and update your account accordingly. Please know that we will still contact you for transactional purposes (for example, to communicate with you about an online order).
You can also access and edit your account information online, including your name, email address, postal address, and phone number. To help prevent others from viewing your account information, you must first sign into your account.
You may request access to personal information we have about you by contacting us as described below.
To contact Consumer Care, please use the following:
Phone: Call us toll free at 800-361-5628 Mailing Address:
For the US:
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
33 Coffee Lane
Waterbury, VT 05676 USA
Keurig Canada Inc.
Montreal, Quebec H1Z 4K3 CANADA
If you have questions about our privacy practices contact us email@example.com
or at the phone numbers or addresses above.