While many holidays have their drink of choice, St Patrick’s Day themed recipes can be hard to come by. Today is your lucky day! The best bread pudding recipe we’ve found is made with flaked almonds, whisky sauce and infused with.Trust us, you’ll feel like you’ve found your pot of gold.
Irish bread pudding
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter an 8" x 8" pyrex pan.
- Quarter the bread slices into triangles. Place half the bread triangles, buttered side down, in the pan.
- Drain the raisins and spread them on the bread slices. Add half the flaked almonds.
- Cover with the remaining bread triangles.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with ½ cup of brown sugar. Add the milk, 15% cream, ground coffee and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining flaked almonds and brown sugar on top.
- Bake in oven center for 1 hour and serve warm with whisky sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is lightly browned.
- Pour in the hot coffee and cream; be careful not to splash.
- Simmer for a few minutes, add the whisky and heat for another 30 seconds.
Can’t wait to try our best bread pudding recipe this St Patrick’s Day? All you need is some Van Houtte® Irish Cream Ground Coffee. You can find Van Houtte® coffee online or in store.