Enjoy all the fluffiness, flavour and fun of acappuccino – as a marbled vanilla and chocolate muffin! No milk moustache required. The perfect pairing with coffee, this ‘marble-lous’ cappuccino muffin recipe is as doable as it is delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy and light.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each.
- In a cup, stir sour cream, milk and vanilla extract until combined.
- At a slow speed, alternate between incorporating the dry ingredients and the milk mixture into the eggs.
- Transfer 1 ½ cup of batter to another bowl. Mix in cocoa powder, zest, chocolate and coffee until all is moistened.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of vanilla batter into each cupcake liner, top with a spoonful of chocolate batter then add more vanilla batter on top until all the batter has been used.
- With a toothpick, gently stir the layered batter a few times.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The secret ingredient in our cappuccino coffee muffin recipe? Van Houtte® Mellow Moka coffee! Get yours online or in-store.