There’s nothing sweeter than a chocolate dessert! Try our Van Houtte® French Roast coffee brownie recipe. So easy to make and just in time for Valentine’s day. Bake them with love in a heart-shaped mould!
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- Line a 13x9 inch mold with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, cocoa, ground coffee and salt.
- Place the bowl over slightly boiling water (bain-marie) and mix until the butter is just melted. The texture should be granular at this point.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and mix. Add chopped nuts.
- Pour the mixture into your mould and spread.
- Bake in the center of your oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in the mould completely before frosting.
- Place chocolate in a glass bowl. Add hot coffee and mix to melt the chocolate. If necessary, heat in the microwave 15 seconds at a time.
- Let cool and spread over brownies.
- Sprinkle with cocoa before cutting your brownies into pieces.
Valentine's day version
Cut brownies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. To get a perfect cut, refrigerate the brownies a few hours before cutting. Keep the off-cuts to crumble over ice cream!
Are you looking for an easy to make dessert recipe? Here’s exactly what you need for Valentine’s day: Our Van Houtte® French Roast coffee brownies. You can find Van Houtte coffee online or in store.