Under the summer sun, lobster reigns as the uncontested king of seafood. Our unique grilled-coffee lobster with butter and cognac sauce is a great way to enjoy it with your friends and family. Now is the time to cook up a batch! (or two, as everyone will be asking for seconds!)
- Using a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Holding the lobsters by the back, sway them gently from left to right for about a minute until their head and claws droop downwards (indicating that they’ve fallen asleep).
- Place them into the boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove from the pot and allow to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Mix the melted butter and cognac and set aside.
- Heat the barbecue to high heat.
- Using a large knife, cut the lobsters in half lengthwise from the head to the tip of the tail.
- Place the shell bottom-down and brush the inside flesh with the butter and cognac sauce.
- Spread the tomato coulis on top, as well as the coffee and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Place the half lobsters flesh-down on the barbecue rack for 3 minutes.
- Turn the lobsters, re-applying the butter and cognac sauce. Allow them to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the rack and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Serve hot and enjoy!
To avoid overcooking the lobsters to a rubbery consistency, pay close attention to cooking times (approximately 3 minutes). It pairs perfectly with a salad or grilled vegetables and can also serve 4 as an appetizer.