Pancakes are always a good idea for breakfast. Try our recipe for almond pancakes with coffee-chocolate drizzle. It’s a perfect pairing of chocolate and our delicious Van Houtte® Original House Blend K-Cup® Pods coffee. Treat yourself!
- In a bowl, heat the cream in the microwave 20 seconds.
- Add the hot Van Houtte® Original House Blend K-Cup® Pods coffee and chopped chocolate. Mid with a spoon until chocolate is melted. If necessary, re-heat in microwave 10 seconds at a time.
- Add maple syrup and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla with a whisk.
- Combine dry ingredients a small amount at a time, beating briskly until the mix is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Let the mixture sit 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 ºF (95 ºC).
- Heat a large non-stick pan or griddle and lightly butter.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture into the pan at a time. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cook for 1 minute until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook another minute.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven as you finish the batch.
- Serve with coffee-chocolate drizzle and cut fruit.
Are you looking for breakfast recipe ideas? Try our coffee-chocolate drizzled almond pancakes along with Van Houtte® Original House Blend K-Cup® Pods coffee. Find it online or in-store.