When it comes to pleasing the entire family, there’s nothing quite like freshly grilled burgers on the BBQ. Easily prepared, burgers offer everyone the chance to build their own delicious creation. In the spirit of trying new things, here’s a new and original take: the Sumatra coffee turkey burger. Happy BBQ-ing!
- In a small saucepan, cook the onions on medium-low heat in the butter and olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and fresh pepper.
- Half-covered, allow the ingredients to cook over medium-low heat until the liquid has almost entirely evaporated and the onions have a jam-like consistency (approx. 1 hour). Add water throughout the hour if need be.
- Mix the ground turkey, Sumatra coffee, raisins, fresh thyme and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into four parts, and your hands to form the individual, ball-like patties.
- Over high heat and with the BBQ closed, cook the patties for 10 minutes. Turn over and cook another 5 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes, until the center of the patty is completely cooked.
- Assemble the burgers, and garnish with caramelized onions and the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!