If your kiddies still leave Santa a snack by the fireplace, make sure it’s this one. These cookies are buttery, crumbly and cocoa-licious thanks to the delectable dark chocolate icing. The secret to the coffee flavour? Incorporating a couple of tablespoons of fresh Holiday Blend ground coffee right in the dough.
- Sift flour and salt in a bowl. Add Holiday Blend ground coffee and mix. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl for a few minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and continue to beat on low speed until mixture forms a smooth ball.
- Divide dough in half and form two rolls 1 in. in diameter. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut rolls into slices ¼ in. thick.
- Place slices about 1 in. apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before handling. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For chocolate glaze, place chocolate and vegetable oil in a bowl. Place in micro-wave for 30 seconds at a time, blending each time, until chocolate has melted. Let cool for 10 minutes to thicken chocolate for dipping.
- Dip one side of cookies in chocolate and let excess drip off. Place cookies on parchment paper until chocolate has hardened.