Craving a great slow cooker chicken recipe? With this cold January weather, you can’t get much more comforting than a slow cooker chicken recipe like our penne with chicken and coffee ragù sauce, made savoury with our delicious Van Houtte® Colombian Dark Recyclable K-Cup® Pods. Try it! It’s totally delicious
- In a large pan, grill the chicken thighs in several batches over high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes to brown them.
- Season with salt and pepper as you cook the chicken thighs.
- Place the browned thighs in the slow cooker.
- In the same pan, turn the heat down to medium-high and cook the pancetta, onion, celery, carrot, garlic and rosemary 5 to 8 minutes, until all ingredients are nicely browned.
- Add the coffee, diced tomatoes, hot pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture onto the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on low temperature or 3 hours on high temperature.
- Cook the pasta according to packaging directions.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the chicken sauce.
- Add the baby spinach just before serving.
Top with pecorino cheese and serve immediately.
*This recipe can also be created with bone-in chicken thighs. Simply remove the thighs from the slow cooker at step 8, let them cool slightly and remove the bones before returning the meat to the slow cooker with the other ingredients.
Need some comfort food? Try our recipe for penne with chicken and coffee ragù sauce in your slow cooker. The star ingredient—our delicious Van Houtte®Colombian Dark coffee from recyclable K-Cup® Pods—is sure to warm your heart. Buy them online or in store.