One of the great classics of Portuguese cuisine is undoubtedly the famous grilled chicken.For your next family BBQ, create a tasty seasoning by mixing two tablespoons of ground coffee with spices and olive oil.
- Preheat the barbecue to 165°F (74°C). Ideally, use a charcoal barbecue.
- Remove seeds and stemsfrom the peppers.
- In a large mortar, pound together the seedless peppers, coffee, brown sugar, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil.
- Slather the chicken thighs with the pepper mixture.
- Place the chicken on the preheated barbecue grill, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Bring the temperature to 185°F (85°C) and cook for another 20-30 minutes, until the skin is crunchy and the chicken is well cooked (you’ll know it’s ready when the bone can easily be detached from the flesh).
- Serve the chicken warm, accompanied with a small summer salad and potatoes.