Looking for a Christmas recipe that’s sure to impress? You need to try the stuffing in this stuffed turkey breast recipe — it’s packed with a surprising, delicious flavour that will keep your holiday guests guessing. The secret je ne sais quoi? Van Houtte® Honduras San Luis Planes Signature Coffee. Yes, really! This coffee recipe will open your eyes to the amazing things you can do with brew.
- Place the bread pieces in a large bowl, add 1/2 cup of infused Van Houtte® Honduras San Luis Planes Signature coffee and let the mixture soak.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, sauté the pancetta in 1 tbsp. of oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and the minced shallot and sauté, stirring regularly for 10 minutes until browned.
- Add the parsley and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool and reserve a quarter of the mixture in a small bowl for the sauce.
- Add the rest of the mushroom mixture to the soaked bread mixture and mix together.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the turkey breast on a work surface and open the two sides. Spread the stuffing in the centre of the breast and roll it up. Attach with string or toothpicks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same frying pan, sear the turkey breast in the oil, turning it over to brown all sides.
- Cook for 45 minutes on a rack in the middle of the oven, turning it three times.
- Add the broth and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the oven, cover with a piece of aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes. The internal temperature will continue to rise until it reaches 170°F.
- Meanwhile, add in a saucepan the remaining infused Van Houtte® Honduras San Luis Planes Signature Coffee and the reserved mushroom mixture to the cooking juices. Reduce the liquid by letting it cook a few minutes over high heat. Add the pieces of cold butter, mixing with a whisk.
- Slice the turkey roast and serve with the coffee-mushroom sauce.
If you can't wait to get started on this Christmas stuffed turkey breast recipe, the first ingredient you need is Van Houtte® Honduras San Luis Planes Signature Coffee. Fint it online or in-store.