The Yule log is a classic Christmas dessert recipe. We add a tasty twist to the festive favourite by infusing it with tiramisu flavour. Our tiramisu Yule log recipe has Van Houtte® Colombian light instant coffee baked into the cake and is topped with Van Houtte® Crème Brûlée Coffee syrup. With this coffee recipe, you can have your cake — and brew too!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 10 x 15 in. baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat paper in butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, Van Houtte® Colombian light instant coffee and sugar with an electric mixer for 10 minutes until light and creamy.
- Combine flour and baking powder in another bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture using a spatula.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet, smoothing top with a spatula.
- Bake in middle of oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes and quickly run knife around sides to loosen.
- Sprinkle top with a little icing sugar and place a tea towel over cake, making sure to fold edges underneath baking sheet.
- Holding ends of baking sheet and tea towel, flip cake over onto tea towel. Remove parchment paper.
- Roll up cake with tea towel lengthwise and let cool for 1 hour. Set aside.
- Pour brewed Van Houtte® Crème Brûlée Coffee, sugar and brandy into a small bowl and blend until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mascarpone, sugar and brandy with an electric mixer.
- In another bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate.
- Gently unroll cake and remove tea towel.
- Brush surface with coffee syrup.
- Spread cake with mascarpone mixture, leaving a ½ inch border around edge.
- Gently roll up cake, placing seam side down.
- Cut off 1½ inch diagonal strip at each end and refrigerate.
- Heat cream in microwave or a small saucepan. Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl and pour hot cream over chocolate.
- Blend with a spoon until chocolate has melted. Heat in microwave for a few seconds if chocolate has not completely melted.
- Add corn syrup. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring a few times until cold enough to spread.
- Place log on a serving dish using a spatula.
- Spread ganache over entire log using an offset spatula.
- Lightly sprinkle with cocoa powder and decorate with chocolate curls.