Warm days mark the return of fresh recipes that we love to savour in the sun. This incredibly simple recipe for roasted trout with a strawberry-coffee salsa will become a fast favourite. Serve with glasses of good, cold white wine. Guaranteed success!
- Mix together strawberries, red onion, basil, Costa Rica coffee, and balsamic vinegar. Add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Season trout with salt and pepper and place pieces in pan, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Cover trout, turn heat to medium-low and let cook for about 7 minutes or until the flesh turns pale.
- Remove trout from pan and lay skin side down on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Place all pieces on plate, roasted side down. Spoon strawberry-coffee salsa over the trout, sprinkle with fleur de sel and a few drops of olive oil. Serve immediately.